The city mayor
Dadda Maria Grazia
Born on: May 24, 1968
Charging current: Mayor
Who she is
The Mayor is responsible for the organization of local government, including the functions of the “Giunta”, or Mayor’s Council.
The Mayor is elected by citizens every 5 years.
The measures and decisions taken by the Mayor are known as “ordinanze” (ordinances) and usually contain either a positive duty (a “commando”, or command) or a negative duty (a “ divieto”, or prohibition).
What she does
1. The acting head of the 'City Administration:
- represents the City, shall convene and preside over the Executive and Council;
- overseeing the operation of departments and offices and the execution of documents;
- part of the Conference of Mayors of the District Health Socio-membership;
- appointed Councillors;
- appoint the City Secretary;
- appointing the heads of the services
2. The Mayor also represents the Government of the Republic in the Municipality. In this capacity:
- care obligations in regard to marital status, election, military and statistics;
- by the development, in matters of public security and judicial police, the functions assigned by law;
- adopt the ordinances and urgent in order to prevent and eliminate serious hazards that threaten the safety of citizens.